Sunday, March 6, 2016

Birthdays and Butt Kicking’s


21 Day Fix – Day 6



(Perhaps my next challenge group?)
No, it’s not my Birthday today, but it was my butt that got kicked.  Today was the 21 Day Fix Dirty 30, and I will proclaim now the worst workout to date.  Not bad as in Sweating to the Oldies bad,whatever her last name is) came out of the television, kicked my butt, and beat the tar out of me all over the living room and then hopped back in the TV to do it all over again.  By the time I finished, I was drenched in sweat, panting like a dog and barley able to move.  9 hours later at least I’m no longer sweating or panting.  But I hurt everywhere.                                                                                                                                                      

 
As far as the birthday goes, today’s belonged to my lovely wife.  This wonderful woman is the reason I’m doing this 21 Day Fix.  She both gives me reason to work out and convinced me to do this program with her.  She has planned all the wonderful meals I’ve talked about and even proofreads all of these blogs (I’ll be honest I have awful grammar) (Stupid Michigan Model English Program).  Anyway, today was my dear wife’s birthday, and yes she celebrated on the 21 Day Fix.  No Ice Cream, No Cake.  I tried to convince her to let me make her a 21 Day Fix approved Double Chocolate cookie made from coconut flour.  (Which who knew was a thing).  But she would have none of it.
 
(Its sad how hungry this picture makes me)
Instead, I made her breakfast in bed (Pepper, onion, mushroom, scrambled eggs) and then kept the kids busy so she could work out.  From there, I made the chili that she had volunteered for a basketball tournament, dropped it off, then for dinner I made an awesome Baked Ziti with a homemade sauce.  In the end, I tried to give her the best birthday possible without doing any birthday things.  Although I am really craving cake… Add that to the day 22 ‘I need this’ list.


The interesting thing about this 21 Day Fix is I spend so much time wishing I could have those foods I don’t have.  My wife Jen (In case I didn’t mention her name) spends most of her time trying to fit in all the foods she has and talking about being full.  I don’t know why this is, unless it deals with how our bodies are set up, or maybe the foods we ate before … who knows. 

One thing I have struggled throughout the first 6 days has been the water.  When I’ve done these programs in the past I’ve kept at 2-4 bottles of water a day.  Or 4-8 8oz glasses of water.  But 21 Day Fix wants me to drink 20 of those 8oz glasses of water.  Which just seems like a swimming pool full of water.  10 bottles of water is a lot of water. Today I made it through 4 which is this most I’ve done yet in these first 6 days.  Anyways I threw it out here so I maybe if I will keep more accountable with it. 


By the way I haven’t really thought about donuts until just now…

No comments:

Post a Comment