Monday, July 2, 2012

Power 90 Day 24 – Increasing the Weight



Well I may have given the title to help draw you in but no, the scales did not move in the opposite direction.  Although did not lessen today either.  However, I was able to lift more when it came to my workout, which was exciting. 

I actually didn’t get started until late again today, as I was with my kids.  My wife, after a day at the beach on Tuesday ended up laid up with an awful sunburn.  But once she was able to get up and get moving some, I did hit the gym, right around 11:00.  Today was Sculpt 1-2 again.  This is the workout I started with Day 1 with my son at my side.  On that day, my son wanted to watch me use the 25 pound weights, but they were too much and I couldn’t do more then 1 or 2 lifts with them.  Today I picked them up at the start of the workout to see how far I could get; I used them through the first three exercises, and picked them up for one or two more as well…

When I finished I was sore, but I am feeling good about the intangible results I continue to see.  When I returned home I worked in the Garden for a bit, and then headed out to church.  Here’s a look at my Food Journal for the day.  

                        Post Workout:  Protein Drink (1 scoop protein powder, 8 oz skim milk ) (220 Calories)

                        Breakfast:   Kashi cereal, milk, (275 Calories)

Lunch: Tuna Salad (1 package lemon pepper tuna,  2 cups spinach, 1 slice pepper jack cheese, croutons, bacon bits, 3 cheese ranch ) (483 Calories)

Afternoon Snack: String Cheese (60 Calories)

Dinner:  2 Venison Burgers on Slimwiches (536 Calories)

Evening Snack: Cranraisins (130 Calories)

As I work my way through the week I am intrigued to get to the weekend where I will take 1 month measurements and compare 1 month pictures to my beginning pictures.  With the scale not moving I am want to see if I can find some results in these ways.  Until Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment