Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Power 90 Day 34 - 6 – The Power of Cake


Okay, so maybe I shouldn’t attribute it all to the cake. Its true, I worked out hard yesterday and most of what I ate was healthy.  But I had my biggest weight drop in sometime this morning at .8 pounds, and I am under 301 with a new weight of 300.4  I am now really closing in on 300, and am going to give it all I have (not that I haven’t been for the past 6 weeks) to try to push under the 300 mark. 

I know that the weight didn’t come off because I dined on some sugary sweets, and maybe I would have lost even more if I hadn’t.  But there may be some truth to the higher calories and the daily cardio.  I am thinking about trying to add cardio into my daily routine.  Perhaps some walking and eventually jogging on my sculpting days.  Also on the list of possibilities is additional stretching/yoga workout, as I picked my wife up the Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga.  Right now, the hardest part of Sweat 1-2 is the 5 minutes of Power Yoga, so the additional help couldn’t hurt.  That being said, I don’t know if I have the heart to do that many Downward Dogs.

I am also on my third straight day of Cardio/Abs which is starting to take a toll on my Abs.  I am sore and more physically exhausted then I am when I go back and forth.  However, I am enjoying the weight loss so I won’t complain too much.  I do think my biggest problem with Power 90 though is the lack of variety.  If they added another workout or two to this program I think it would do wonders for my psyche just having a little more variety.

Here’s a look at my food journal for Saturday:

                        Post Workout: Met-Rx Protein Plus Bar (Peanut Butter Crisp) (310 Calories)

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Bagel, Cream Cheese, 1 slice Colby Jack Cheese (360 Calories)

Lunch:  1 cup Kellogg’s low fat granola, skim milk (470 Calories)

Afternoon Snack:  String Cheese (60 Calories)

Dinner: 2 Boca Burgers, 1 slimwich, Banana Smoothie (Banana Smoothie Mix, 1 ½ banana, 1 cup skim milk, ½ scoop whey protein)  (584 Calories)

Evening Snack:  String Cheese (60 Calories)

Well that has been my day, thrilled about actual weight loss, and hoping tomorrow is the day I finally break the 300 barrier.  Till Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment