Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Power 90 Day 27 – Epic Fail


As I am finishing up my fourth week of Power 90, there have been days where I have really not wanted to work out.  Some days I have been depressed, some days I have been discouraged.  None of those days have been like this day was.  Although I don’t always post these on time, I usually write them on time.  This post has been sitting here for 3 days because I did not want to write it. 
I woke up Saturday morning depressed, discouraged and not wanting to work out, and I put it off.  I’m not sure why I was in such a funk.  It could be because of how little weight I have been losing, it could be because of how sore and tired my body has been for the last 30 days.  Maybe it is just because I enjoyed the group workout so much, alone in my 100 degree gym was just tough to take.  It could even be that I hadn’t had enough protein the last day or two, and my body was reacting.  Whatever the case, I just didn’t want to do it. 

By one in the afternoon, I started looking at the day before me.  I had to go help my brother-in-law move and I also had a sermon to write.  Despite not wanting to work out, I wasn’t going to miss my last day before the new challenge started, so I hit the gym.  Getting down to the gym was a first step, but as I started working out, my arms and legs felt like jello, and my balance was shot.  I half did the stretching, started Power Yoga, but fell and hit the fast forward button.  I ended up hitting the forward button a lot, and finally fell on the floor and hit the crunches.  I did crunches until I couldn’t get back up.  I laid on the floor for almost 30 minutes and finally sulked back home.

I did head out to move my brother-in-law, and picked up a protein bar on the way.  After the move we grabbed subs at Jimmy Johns (which appear better health wise then subs at subway) but I couldn’t let the workout go, all I could think about was a failed workout, and low weight loss.  And when my wife asked me to stop at the store on the way home, I grabbed a two pack of chocolate doughnuts and stuffed them both in my mouth before I got home.  I was going to keep that to myself, to just keep it as my little secret, but in the end I decided not to, because it’s important to remember that sometimes we will fall short, and sometimes we will flat out fail.  But it’s what we do the next day that’s truly important. 

Sunday I will get ready to start my next 90 day challenge, despite only being 28 days into this one.  I know the weight will have to come off someday, and I know something is happening as my loose skin doesn’t lie.  I should have some 1 month pictures for you tomorrow as well… Till then…

No comments:

Post a Comment