Sunday, July 15, 2012

Power 90 Day 39 - 11 – Pop-Tarts! What was I Thinking?


There are some foods you miss because they are good, some you crave because they were your favorites and then there are pop-tarts.  There is nothing good about pop-tarts.  Pop-tarts are the thing you eat when you catch yourself hating yourself.  They are either cold and bland, or warmed up in a toaster so the insides burn your tongue.  On top of that, they have 300 flavors of pop-tarts so your sub-conscious has a need to try them all, but if we are really honest with ourselves they all taste the same. 

Now I haven’t had a pop-tart in over a year and after a great sale at Meijer’s, we ended up with a number of packages of them.  But one package caught my eye.  Special Olympic Pop Tarts… I am sure these are the same pop-tarts that Michal Phelps eats every morning.  They are red instead of the classic pop tart color.  They had mixed berry frosting with sprinkles, with mixed berry filling.  And before I knew it, I had a package in the toaster. 

I was halfway into the second pop-tart before it really hit me what I was doing (and yes I burnt my tongue on the first one).  I stuffed the rest of the second in my mouth, and checked out the calories on the box, 200 not so bad, with 8 servings per box that meant each package of Pop-Tarts was 400 calories. 

Well I ate the Pop-Tarts and can’t take that back now.  Here’s a look at the rest of my food journal for Thursday. 

Post Workout: 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein, 1 tbsp PB, 12 oz milk (475 Calories)

Breakfast: Met-Rx Protein Plus Bar (Chocolate, Roast Peanut, Carmel) (320 Calories)

Lunch:  Stuffed Summer Squash (1/2 large Squash, 6 oz turkey burger, Swiss Chard) (266 Calories)

Dinner: Whole Wheat Bagel, Fried Egg, 3 ounces Deli Ham, Baked Chicken Patty (550 Calories)

                        Evening Snack:  Olympic Pop-Tarts (400 Calories)

Although I did eat the Pop-Tarts, the work out went well, back to Sculpt 1-2 today and I spent a lot of time lifting 20 pound weights which is bigger than my usual 15.  I also pushed through 20 pushups and 12 dips.  So continued improvement on the workout front.  No Pop-Tarts tomorrow, and until then...

2 comments:

  1. No worries, I'm sure the entire Olympic team eats them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that pop tarts are "healthy". I can never understand why such crap is marked by such healthy folks.

    ReplyDelete