Sunday, July 15, 2012

Power 90 Day 38 - 10 – Another Great Workout


There is something to be said about working out with someone else.  Today I again teamed up with my brother to push through the Cardio Abs portion of Power 90.  Including making it all the way through Power Yoga without the pause button (which does not happen often).  And when it came time for Ab Ripper 100, I made it my personal Ab Ripper 120.  (Yes, I should probably take it easy coming off of a minor injury, but I am not usually that smart.)

As many of you know I like to cook, and most people who like to cook will have what they consider a signature dish.  One of my signature dishes has always been my Stuffed Summer Squash.  It would start with bagged stuffing mix, Italian sweet sausage, bacon and bacon fat, grilled corn and cheese.  Needless to say this amazing dish no longer fits in my healthy eating lifestyle. 

For this reason I have decided to redo this awesome dish, and today was my first try.  I started with 95% lean Jeenie-O turkey burger fried in a little olive oil.  I also scooped 1 summer squash and one zucchini and cooked down the insides.  I then mixed fresh swiss chard into the squash and then mixed in the turkey burger, using the stuffing to fill the squash.  Sprinkled on a few Italian bread crumbs, covered and baked for 75 minutes at 375. 

The final results were delicious, perhaps not as good as the original, but I have more ideas to try.  Connor however did not like the stuffed summer squash at all!  Here’s a look at the rest of my Food Journal for Wednesday. 

Post Workout: 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein, 1 tbsp PB, 12 oz milk (475 Calories)

Breakfast: Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Whole Wheat Bagel (395 Calories)

Lunch:  Met-Rx Protein Plus Bar (Peanut Butter Carmel Crunch) (410 Calories)

Dinner: Stuffed Summer Squash (1/2 large Squash, 8 oz turkey burger, Swiss Chard)  (326 Calories)

One thing that I am noticing as I see it written down is I have not been getting the 6 meals a day in and have been falling back into the bad habit of eating more less times during the day.  I’ll have to try to work on this tomorrow.  

Also notice, I am on day 10 of the second challenge.  Which leaves me 80 days to go.  It’s not that I will be done when I finish Power 90, but I am looking forward to doing something else at this point. Once you know the video by heart, it’s time to move on to another video.  But I will be back working out again with Tony tomorrow… Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment