Monday, July 2, 2012

Power 90 Day 26 – A New Workout Location



If Thursday was the hottest workout yet, then today was the coolest.  I met up with my brother and a friend about 9:00 in the morning, and we worked out in his church rec center; a wonderfully air conditioned building.  I will say though the big downfall was a slippery cement floor which made a lot of the stretching and lounges especially difficult with my bad knees.  All the same it was a good workout, and I enjoyed the ability to work out with others.  

Having others in the gym is great motivation.  Sometimes there is a temptation to not push yourself as hard on one exercise or to not do the full 15 reps on another.  But add a few people in the room and you push yourself that much harder.  It was also great to see how far I’ve come, as I was able to keep up with and sometimes surpass a couple guys who would have been in far better shape than me a short time ago.  Despite not seeing the weight loss, Power 90 is doing great things to my body.  If I could just add the weight loss in, I would be all set.  

Here’s a look at my food journal today.  I tried to switch it up consuming most of my calories before 6:00 pm, I guess I’ll see tomorrow if it had any effect. 

                        Breakfast:   Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness (560 Calories)

Lunch: Pizza 3 slices (Mushrooms & Olives) (585 Calories)

Dinner:  Turkey Salad (3 cups mixed Greens, 3 oz turkey lunch meat, 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 slice pepperjack cheese, croutons, 3 cheese ranch  (608 Calories)

Evening Snack: Pudding Cup with fat free Cool Whip (140 Calories)

Well although the company was great today, it looks like I am back on my own tomorrow.  Until then…


No comments:

Post a Comment