Sunday, July 22, 2012

Power 90 Day 44 - 16 – Chinese Buffett


Ouch, I am sore today.  Arms burning, legs burning; I haven’t felt this way since week 1.  I guess this means the level 3-4 is effective.  At least in hurting me.  I guess that’s OK though because the one thing I want almost as much as the weight loss is the toning and muscle build. 

I once again did not do a food journal today, in part because I have no idea what to do with my trip to the Chinese buffet.  Buffets and I have always had a sort of love/hate relationship.  I loved to eat at them, and they hated to see me coming.  For years, I have lived by the truth “at a buffet everybody has to eat their money’s worth.”  When I would take my kids or wife to a buffet and they wouldn’t eat much I would eat even more to try to get their money back as well.  Well, there is a reason I got up to almost 370 pounds. 

For these reasons I have avoided Chinese buffets, but when I told my daughter I would take her wherever she picked for our daddy-daughter date, and she picked the King Buffet.  King Buffet is a classic Chinese Buffet with a lot of deep fried and rich foods they would never eat in China (a Chinese exchange student told me this) .  But I think making lifestyle changes and not just dieting involves eating at places you would normally never eat on a diet.  So as I entered the King Buffet I had one goal in my mind, to not eat my money’s worth.

It turned out to be a wonderful lunch.  My daughter is an amazing young lady just full of life.  We split a large plate of Mongolian BBQ with noodles, crab, beef, and an assortment of vegetables.  We also had a few favorites, I had a pot sticker, and a little Peanut Chicken, and a Crab Rangoon (just one and my only deep fried item).  Emmy had a bowl of Egg Drop Soup her favorite.  Then we each had a scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. 

In the end I know this was not a good meal by any stretch of the imagination.  But it wasn’t the usual 2500 calorie meal that a buffet would bring.  And I had a wonderful time with my 6 year old daughter, who felt like the most important person in the world because she was out with her daddy. 

I did have a good workout tonight with Sculpt 1-2 (A little sore from yesterday and just couldn’t handle Sculpt 3-4) Tomorrow I will again try to hit a 3-4 level workout and do a better job with a food journal.  Till Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment