Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Power 90 Day 41 - 13 – Another Missed Workout


Since I started this workout 6 months ago, I have worked out 6 times a week every week.  Sometimes it’s been early, and other times I have squeezed in the workout in the closing minutes before midnight, but I haven’t missed a 6 workout week.  A couple weeks back, I even had to change my rest day, but I still had a six workout week.  This week I slipped up and ended up with a 5 workout week.  I’m not happy with myself, but there is little I can do after the fact. 

Not only did I miss a workout, but I didn’t eat well.  I found myself stress eating in the morning before and after my ordination council.  This included donuts, cereal, and other carb filled items.  I am sure tomorrow will not be a pretty day on the scale.  Still not back under 300 and this is not going to help. 

On a side note, I’d like to get people’s opinions on the best thing to get at a traditional Mexican restaurant.  I try not to eat out very often, as the options at home are just usually better.  But it was a special occasion and my wife wanted to take me out.  The restaurant was very much like every Mexican restaurant I’ve been to (This one is one of my favorites because of its location and hometown feel).  Now I did have some chips and Salsa, (chips bad, salsa good - but it’s not like you just eat spoonfuls of salsa.)  Then I went with the steak fajitas (lean strip steak with bell peppers and onions) I avoided most of the sides that came with it and just used a little of the rice and salsa.  We didn’t order the deep fried ice cream, deep fried cheese cake, or deep fried churros for desert.

So my question is, (especially to all of those who are also trying to change some eating habits, or those who have changed them) what would you, or do you eat at Mexican Restaurants?  I think there is always a chance we will find ourselves in a situation like that.  Feel free to post your responses and possibly reasons right here.  And Tomorrow I will be telling you about my weight gain from today and my workout as I get back on track.  Till then…

1 comment:

  1. Mexican is so hard because every thing is smothered in cheese and the rice is fried in oil before it is steamed so watch that it can kill your diet. The fijitas are good. A single small kids burrito with a side salad and some rice is OK; most mexican restraunts will make you a side salad if you ask for it. Tortilla soup is a nice option that most mexican places have.

    ReplyDelete