Sunday, July 8, 2012

Power 90 Day 31 - 3 – 4th of July


The fourth of July, a day to hit the grill with hamburgers and hot dogs, along with pasta salad potato salad, jello salad, chips, pop, and so much more.  This smorgasbord of fattening food had me a little worried about the holidays.  However the heat wave came to the rescue and kept us away from the more traditional picnics at the lake.
The day got up around 100 for the second day in a row, and because it’s not cooling off at night, I hadn’t slept well.  I didn’t fall asleep until around 4:00 AM and slept in until around noon.  When I woke up I decided to walk over to my in-laws in order to work out.  (Still too hot to work out in my usual gym).  However when I got there, my wife was ready to head out to my brother-in-laws. 

Well there could be no better place to spend, as we took the day easy, enjoying air conditioning and conversation.  At dinner time, we avoided much of the bad food, and went and purchased whole wheat sandwich rolls, and an assortment of deli meats and cheeses.  I also found apple chips to replace the Cool Ranch Doritos everyone else was eating.  Here is a look at my food intake for the day.  Not a great day for the vegetables, but considering the holidays I am pleased.  Here is a look at my food journal for the day. 

Breakfast: 3 Scrambled Eggs, Whole Wheat Bagel, Cream Cheese (545 Calories)

Lunch:  Met RX Protein Bar (320 Calories)

Afternoon Snack:  Kashi cereal, milk, (275 Calories)

Dinner: Hogie on Wheat with Apple Chips (Whole Wheat Bun, Colby Cheese, Roast Beef, Turkey, Turkey Pastrami (960 Calories)

Evening Snack:  Weight Watchers- Cherry Cheesecake Ice-cream sandwich (90 Calories)
There was a downside to the day however.  We arrived home after 10:00.  My in-laws were asleep so I couldn’t work out in there basement, and the gym was up around 110.  In the end I had to decide to make this Wednesday my free day this week.  I will work out Sunday in its place then return to normal next week.  It’s not ideal, but I have to be OK with it, as there is little other choice.   I will say missing this workout killed me a little inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment