Saturday, July 14, 2012

Power 90 Day 37 - 9 – Swiss Chard from the Garden


A wonderful day when it comes to eating healthy and working out.  This morning I once again worked out with my brother and it is always nice to have the company when working out.  My abs are feeling much better; which I am happy about because I was worried about a stretched or torn muscle - so happy to be feeling better.  Despite feeling better, I did want to take it a little easier just in case and worked out with 10 pound weights instead of the usual 15-20. 

Today, I completed Power 90 Sculpt 1-2 with it being day 37 I am only about 8 days away from the switch to Sculpt 3-4, which I am sure will kick my butt all over again.  But I am looking forward to the kicking.  Hopefully the exercise will spurn additional weight loss.  As I have basically been at a plateau for a month now. 

I’d also like to thank my friend Meghan Slade who I haven’t seen in person since high school but has been wonderful at watching my food journal.  I have a tendency to move towards a diet of meat and processed proteins, but every time my vegetable count drops to low, she sends me a reminder and I try to bring back the food pyramid. 

This time it was timed perfectly as just as she mentioned my lack of, the garden started to bring in the vegetables and I was able to pick the first round of Swiss Chard.  I’m kind of impressed with the Swiss Chard, usually when it comes to the garden it’s all Jen, but this year she wasn’t feeling well so I planted a couple rows, and I love Swiss Chard. 

Tonight, I chopped up chicken sausage and bell peppers and sautéed them in a little olive oil, and then put it over a bed of Swiss Chard, it was very good, and low in calories and fat.  I’ve taken a picture, but I do tend to cook for taste and not often for presentation. 

Here’s a look at my food journal for Tuesday:

Breakfast: Met-Rx Protein Plus Bar (Chocolate, Roast Peanut, Carmel) (320 Calories)

Lunch:  Salad (Mixed Greens, 2 hardboiled eggs, croutons, bacon bits, three cheese ranch) (434 Calories)

Afternoon Snack:  String Cheese (60 Calories)

Dinner: 6 oz. Smoked Chicken Sausage, Red Bell Pepper, Swiss Chard (407 Calories)

                        Evening Snack:  Frosted Mini Wheat’s, Skim Milk (280 Calories)

Well glad to be back on track, looking forward to a great week, till then…

No comments:

Post a Comment