Monday, July 23, 2012

Power 90 Day 47 - 19 – Desperate Times call for A New Workout


No don’t panic, I am not giving up on my power 90 quest.  Nor did I decide not to do Master Series next.  But I was forced to change my workout plans Friday night and end up with a unique workout experience. 

I didn’t get home until Friday afternoon.  After Batman, I slept on my brother-in-law’s couch.  Turns out I can push through a midnight show, but my ability to drive at 3:30 in the morning is a little more limited.  So I slept on a couch and woke up and played some video games.  (Always a good morning)  Luckily my brother-in-law is also on a get in shape kick, so no bacon for breakfast, instead instant oatmeal. 

After getting home, I took a nap (another side effect of a mid night show on my 35 year old body) and when I woke up I decided to head over and work out about 8:00.  Shortly after 8:00, I was getting ready to head over to the gym when my mom and brother stopped by to visit.  I haven’t seen my mom since Easter so it would have been rude just to leave so I stayed and chatted.  By the time everyone left it was closing in on 11:00 and my time to use my in-laws basement had come to an end.  My weights and video were there however and I was left with using something we had at home. 

If you had asked me if I would be doing Power Yoga on a pink yoga mat a year ago I would have laughed.  But I found myself at 11:00 at night, with Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and my wife’s yoga mat to keep my feet from slipping.  At first, I thought this workout was well below me and I pushed through the warm up and the first dozen downward dogs without breaking a sweat.

Then the pain hit, as I held planks and Warrior II my legs began to burn, my shoulders began to ache and my knees began to shake.  I dropped my plank on more than one occasion and during a side plank I lost my balance and fell completely over.  (My lovely wife got a good chuckle out of that one).  Well I won’t be underestimating that one any time soon and may try to do it again on days where I have some energy left after my own workout.

I kept a food journal today but it isn’t pretty!

 Breakfast: 1 package Quaker instant oatmeal (130Calories)

Lunch:  Jimmy Johns #10 no Mayo (614 Calories)

Dinner: Frosted Mini Wheats, Skim Milk (280 Calories)

                        Evening Snack: 2 Taco Shells 1/8 cup cheese (155 Calories)

As you can tell I both had a busy day and found my house running out of food.  Anyway tomorrow is Saturday and I have a niece’s birthday party at the beach.  Till Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment