Monday, July 9, 2012

Power 90 Day 33 - 5 – A Birthday Party Adventure


One could say it is always easier to say no when the bad food is not presented to you.  This was my dilemma on Friday night.  The day started off as normal.  Yep no weight loss again, but holding steady at 301.2.  And I was able to get in another high intensity workout again continuing with just Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper.  I am missing the Sculpt days as the Cardio really wears me out.  I did however make it, and with the extra Ab Rippers I am sure I am building an amazing 6-pack under all the fat. 

As the afternoon got under way however I had a birthday party to attend, my sister-in-law who shares a name with my wife (I know, weird right?) was being thrown a surprise 34th party.  It’s not that I don’t love getting together with a group of friends and family members, I do, but I know at an event like this I lose some control over just what goes into my body.

This party the spread consisted of BBQ chicken and Ribs, Potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Rolls, fruit salad, and cake and ice cream.  I started off well, went with the chicken and the fruit salad.  BBQ sauce isn’t the best thing for you but I tried to shake off the extra.  I tried 2 ribs as well (single bone) because ribs are one of my all time favorites and not something I will give up completely.  But something I have and will continue to cut way back on. 

So I was doing well up to this point even figured I may have the strength to avoid the cake and ice cream.  Until I started helping my brother serve it.  I said when I started I always want to be 100% honest with you here.  I ate a half piece of cake and a single scoop of ice cream.  And it tasted great.  At first, I was pretty disappointed with myself for having fallen into temptations like that.  But the more I thought about it, I was ok.  I cut my portions way down from what I would usually eat at a time like that, and enjoyed myself so I didn’t spend the next 3 days thinking about cake.  Here is a look at my food journal for Friday.  ( BTW Not actual cake and ice cream)

Post Workout: Grilled Chicken Breast (140 Calories)

                        Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Whole Wheat Bagel, Cream Cheese (545 Calories)

Lunch:  Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar (230 Calories)

Afternoon Snack:  Weight Watchers- Cherry Cheesecake Ice-cream sandwich (90 Calories)                    

Dinner: BBQ Chicken and Ribs, Fruit Salad, cake, ice cream (1264 Calories)

Well as you can tell today was my highest calorie day I have had since I started 2269 Calories.  So yes, although I am over my desired 1800-2000, I am still under the 2350 that My Fitness Pal recommends I take in each day.  I guess we’ll see how it goes tomorrow.  Till Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment