Saturday, July 21, 2012

Power 90 Day 43 - 15 – Work Till You Puke!


I still remember the first practice of my 8th grade basketball team.  There were 2 teams - an A team and a B team with each team maxing out at 15 players.  Day 1, we had over 50 players show up, and the coach took waste baskets and sat them around the four corners of the gym.  At the start of basketball he told us to run, if we had to puke the baskets were there for our convenience so we could puke and keep running.  For two days, we ran and puked and puked and ran, and in that time, over 20 kids quit the team, but for those of us who stuck through it, it felt good, as we had accomplished something.  Tonight, I wanted that feeling again.

It all started as I got ready to work out.  I should have been on my second to last night of sculpt 1-2 after finishing Sweat 1-2 the night before.  I was also looking forward to Sculpt because I was tired.  I was really worn out, and I find the weights easier to get through when fatigued then the Cardio. 

The problem was the universal remote would not let me switch workouts and the first workout on both DVD’s is Cardio/Abs.  Well, as the evening wore on I grew more and more angry at the lack of ability to change workouts and do the one I wanted to do.  Finally I was so angry I put in level 3-4 and decided to push it until I threw up.  I’m not sure why this sounded so right, I think with all the problems I have had along the way I just wanted that feeling of accomplishment.

3-4 is tough - the entire workout is done in double time from 1-2 and they have added another round of everything but the kicks.  I thought I worked up a sweat before; I was drenched after this workout.  In the end I found myself lying on the ground gasping for air.  I was so sore I couldn’t even begin Ab Ripper 200. 

The only downside is although I felt like I was going to puke several times I never actually did.  I also somehow forgot to keep track of my food today although if anything I think I ended low in calories rather than high. 

Well I’ll let you know tomorrow how I feel after the killer workout, and I will try to do a better job with my food journal… Till then….

No comments:

Post a Comment