Thursday, July 12, 2012

Power 90 Day 36 - 8 – Back to the Grindstone





The first thing I do each morning is get up and step on the scale even though I knew it might mean the end of beard, I was really hopping to see a drop down under 299.8.  Alas this was not the case despite trying 4 times and even breathing out before getting on the scale I couldn’t change the 300.2 number.  I’ll be honest, I know with my size this is something as simple as a little too much salt yesterday or just a lot of toenail growth, but I found it to be devastating.  I think my favorite part of the biggest loser is when those big guys drop under 300 and they say “never again, I’ll never see 300 again” I want that to be me. 

On top of the lack of weight loss, I work up sore, real sore.  I can’t laugh, breathe deeply or turn without a lot of pain through the mid section.  I’m not sure what I did to my Abs Sunday night but things weren’t feeling good Monday morning.  So in the end, I decided to move my workout until later and head out to work. 


This is where my problem today started, because if you remember last week, I talked about the excessive heat we had been experiencing.  Well Jen’s grandma heard our pleas and decided to give us a couple window air conditioners.  So Monday after I finished work we went over to my in-laws to see my wife’s side of the family.  (On a side note everyone dined on casserole full of cream soup, hash browns and burger.   But you will notice I had a chicken salad) Well the mini reunion lasted until about 9:30, but then someone needed to take Jen’s brother home and I was the most obvious choice.  So after a drive back and forth to Adrian it was 11:30 and I was too tired and to sore to make it through a workout. 

I’ll move my workout to Sunday again, but I am going to have to get back on track at some point.  Here is a look at my food journal for 7/9/2012

Breakfast: Met-Rx Protein Plus Bar (Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker) (370 Calories)

Lunch:  Crab Wraps (Mock Crab, Bell Pepper, Mixed Greens, Light 3 Cheese Ranch (508 Calories)

Afternoon Snack:  Frosted Mini Wheat’s in Milk (280 Calories)

Dinner: Chicken Salad (Mixed Greens, Chicken, Croutons, Cheddar Cheese, 3 Cheese Ranch (498 Calories)

On the plus side of things my Abs are feeling a little better, and I have plans to work out with my brother in the morning so I’ll tell you about it then…

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Tim! You can do it. Just stay focused! I'm trying to do a weight loss challenge right now, and haven't been focusing on it and lost a little over a pound in one week. But if I focus on it, I gain weight. How does that work? Haha. But it's good to see determination!

    ReplyDelete