Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Power 90 Day 49 - 21 – The World is like an Ice Cream Sunday


Today, I had the opportunity to do one of my great loves of life, preaching the Gospel.  A Special thanks to Randy Barton for going taking an extended vacation to give me this opportunity.  This Sunday I had to travel with just my son and daughter up to Lansing to preach while my wife took her father to a Tigers game for his birthday. 

My plan was to take my lovely children out to a steak house for lunch on the way home.  Set meal with a great steak, and a somewhat controlled environment where I knew ahead of time how many calories I would be eating.  Well you know what they say about the best laid plans, and as we hit the car after church my kids both decided they did not want to go to a steak house.  I couldn’t bring myself to pay 30 dollars for a dinner they did not want, so we ended up at Fire Mountain. 

Sometimes I get a little to full of myself and since I did well the other day at King Buffet I figured I could do it again at Fire Mountain.  Not so much.  One of those things I sat down and was eating my fill of Steak and Shrimp before I ever thought about the fact I should have started with a salad and I have spent weeks trying to avoid deep dried food.  Even if they are beautiful deep fried coconut shrimp.  Then when I went to help my kids with their Ice Cream, I ended with a bowl of my own.  Yes a small bowl, but it was over bread pudding.

On the long drive back to Pittsford, I was really beating myself up about the whole thing, but a song kept going through my head.  Not a good song, but we are all young once, and this was from a Christian “Punk” Group called One Bad Pig.  The Lyrics to the song we simple;  The World is like an Ice Cream Sunday, Its all gonna melt someday.  In a weird way this made me feel better.  I failed today, one could say Epic Fail.  But tomorrow is another day.  And in the end although I am exicited to get in better physical shape it is all just temporary. 

Tomorrow I will get back on the boat.  I will again keep my food journal and I will again be hitting the Power 90.  As far as today goes I will chalk it up as a loss in the eating, but a win with the preaching, and in the end I would rather win there.  I’ll be back tomorrow… Till Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment