Monday, July 2, 2012

Power 90 Day 25 – Hottest Workout Ever


It’s June in MI, and an unseasonably warm one at that.  We have been without rain for a couple weeks now and the grass is brown and dead.  Despite all the heat, I still have not missed a workout, although today was close. 

As I mentioned before, I teach Summer school on Monday and Thursday, and therefore try to work out before.  But today I overslept, and went straight to work.  By the time I got home at noon, we were already topping 100 degrees.  So I put off getting to the gym, not wanting to face the 100 plus temperatures inside the gym.  My new plan was to wait and workout in the evening hours, but then the news hit.  It was NBA Draft night, for an NBA fan like me it’s kind of like Christmas.  Since the draft lasts from 7:00 until midnight, I had to work out in mid-afternoon on the hottest day of the year to date. 

I finally got to the gym around 3:00 pm, and just walking up the stairs sent me through most of my bottle of water.  With little imagination, Sweat 1-2 earned its name today.  I completed the entire workout pushing the whole time, then shot off 100 crunches, doing everything except the straight legs and the full body crunches which are still just too much.  I’m not sure I ever sweated as much as I did today. 

Even after returning home I could not cool down, I downed an icy cold protein shake and over 64 oz. of water.  In the end, I had to go into work at my radio station just to sit in front of the air and cool down enough to get on with the day.  Here’s a look at today’s food journal, and yes I did enjoy some pizza during the NBA draft. 

                        Post Workout:  Protein Drink with blueberry (1.5 scoop protein powder, 12 oz skim milk 1 cup frozen blueberries ) (425Calories)

                        Breakfast:   Kashi cereal, milk, (275 Calories)

Lunch: Breakfast Taco (2 eggs, 2 oz ham, 1 slice Colby jack cheese, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 cup mushrooms, 1 whole wheat tortilla)  (492 Calories)

Afternoon Snack: Banana (105 Calories)

Dinner:  Pizza 3 slices (Mushrooms & Olives) (585 Calories)

Evening Snack: ½ cup sherbet (110 Calories)

On the positive side of the day, The Chicago Bulls drafted Marcus Teague with the 29th pick in the draft, I didn’t like the pick at first, but its grown on me.  I also found out my brother is playing around with some Power 90 himself, although he is not committed at my crazy level I am looking forward to working out with him some.  It looks like tomorrow will be the first day, so I’ll tell you about it than.  Till Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment